Who we are
Founded in 1923, W. W. Norton is the oldest and largest independent
and employee-owned publishing house, publishing works of Nobel
laureates, master teachers, and Pulitzer Prize winners. For almost a
century, Norton has been dedicated to achieving a common goal: to
bring to readers and students enduring fiction, nonfiction, and
poetry, as well as high-quality textbooks and digital learning tools.
About the internship:
W. W. Norton is looking for interns to participate in our 12-week
remote internship program. Our internship program provides
participants with an engaging, supportive, and hands-on learning
experience in publishing that includes mentorships with experienced
Norton employees and networking within the intern class. Your work if
you become a Norton intern with this group may include the following:
- Synthesizing/analyzing/streamlining data to optimize business
operations in the College Department, specifically for digital business.
- Compiling data for use in marketing materials, advertising emails,
and in presentations.
- Drafting, updating, and preparing marketing copy for the design phase.
- Compiling materials and preparing documents for presentations and
meetings with vendors (including bookstores).
- Maintaining lists and databases of key information such as digital
content and key contacts.
- Researching market trends and key contacts for use in advertising
and targeted outreach.
- Conduct Inclusive Access related market research.
- Updating Inclusive Access-related program information to
Salesforce as needed.
- Alert Traveler and Regional Manager of any Inclusive
Access-related changes to schools in their territory.