W. W. Norton is seeking a College Operations Manager to join our
College Operations group. The College Operations Manager will be
responsible for all aspects of inventory management, improving
processes across the College department, and guiding the metadata
strategy for College titles. They will become an expert in Norton’s
internal systems, the connections between these systems, and ways to
improve them. The person who fills this highly visible role routinely
coordinates with senior leadership and the executive team. Because the
College Operations Manager sits at the nexus of every other team
within the college department, they develop a high-level understanding
of business decisions, strategies, and policies. This role is highly
analytical and extremely collaborative.
- Oversee inventory management for the entire textbook life-cycle:
demand planning; initial print runs; reprints; destructions; stock
transfers; and obsolescence.
- Anticipate stock shortages and identify alternate fulfillment
strategies. Coordinate with sales team, customer service, and
warehouse to mitigate fulfillment issues.
- Analyze and generate reports related to inventory, sales, metadata
health, vendor performance, and more.
- Guide metadata strategy and serve as expert on how data flows
within Norton systems and to external partners (ONIX feeds, etc.)
- Sit on cross-functional committees that improve department-wide
workflows and guide strategy for Ecommerce
- Lead and contribute to cross-functional projects in coordination
with Digital Operations, Product Operations, IT, Production, Sales,
Marketing, and others
- Manage the College Metadata Manager