Experience and Skills:
Why you’ll be a great fit
We are excited to add interns who bring diverse perspectives to
Norton. The ideal candidate is curious, hardworking, and eager to
learn more about the different facets of publishing. Here are some
skills and qualities we look for in candidates:
- You are a college junior, senior, or recent graduate.
- You are eager to improve your verbal and written communication skills.
- You enjoy collaborating and working in a group to solve challenges.
- You have a passion for learning and ideas.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word,
- Interns are paid $15 per hour, subject to applicable law, and work
a maximum of 20 hours weekly.
- Internship period is twelve weeks from 2/5/24-4/26/24.
- Our workday is 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time; specific work
hours are flexible to accommodate an intern’s schedule.
- For interns who reside within commuting distance of the office,
this internship will be in-person in our Manhattan offices; those in
other locations will work remotely.
- Eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- W. W. Norton & Company ('Norton') strives to maintain a
COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated is a
condition of employment for any Norton intern who will perform any
work in our offices or be physically present at any Norton location
or event at any time. Norton makes reasonable accommodations for
qualified applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious
beliefs, or other conditions protected by applicable law.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume
and cover letter to Mary Luna Robledo (
) no later than January 3, 2024. Applications will be
considered on a rolling basis, and if enough applications are
received, this listing may close early. Once you have submitted your
application, please refrain from sending additional follow-up emails,
as these will only delay the hiring manager’s ability to read the
applications received. Final hiring decisions will be made by 1/22/24,
so if you do not hear from us by then, you can assume the internship
has been filled by a different applicant.
You must follow these submission instructions in order to be
considered for the internship. Intern applicants who apply via our
website will not be considered.