Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience at or for a publishing company.
- Must understand the nuances of cover design across multiple genres and have a range of styles which fit the diversity of Norton’s publishing program. In particular, a knowledge of the young reader audience and an understanding of the professional audience.
- Experience with 4-color trade book design.
- Experience with children’s picture book design practice and workflow.
- Familiarity with typography standards and practice for children’s chapter books and middle grade titles.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Critical eye for design.
- Inspired to think independently and creatively.
- Must be able to efficiently manage their own workload.
- Must have a positive attitude towards collaboration.
- Must have the ability to manage a flexible list and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to work standard business hours in Norton’s New York City office.
- Employment eligibility to work in the United States is required.
W. W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to "publish books not for a single season, but for the years." In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital supplements that support teaching and learning.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.