W.W. Norton & Company has an opening for an Associate Art Director for its Countryman Press imprint. In this role, the Associate Art Director will work closely with Countryman’s team of editors and production managers to craft one-of-a-kind and series books in the categories of cooking, lifestyle, nature, travel, and gift. This position will focus on cover design but will handle interior design as well. He or she must bring a critical eye for design, above average communication skills, as well as an autonomous and organized workflow as both a designer and art director. Understanding the publishing industry, cover design nuance, and an overall love for creative thinking is a must.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Manage a list of approximately 50 titles per year.
- Design as well as art direct both covers and interiors when required.
- Work directly with the editorial and production teams for Countryman Press to craft beautiful covers, jackets, and interiors for a wide variety of categories.
- Coordinate and manage cover design meetings for the Countryman imprint.
- Attend production and other meetings, as needed, for the Countryman imprint.
- Manage pre-press preparation for their own titles.