W. W. Norton & Company is seeking a Senior Editor for its Trade
Editorial Department. This Senior Editor will be responsible for
acquiring titles in trade science, mathematics, and economics.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Acquiring 12-15 titles per year
- All editorial aspects of book development, including manuscript
development and editing; copywriting, including jacket, catalog, and
other marketing copy as required; liaising with art and production
departments as needed
- Maintaining publishing and production schedules and meeting deadlines
- Presenting titles at sales meetings and elsewhere as needed
- Developing and maintaining relationships with licensors, authors,
- Serving as the primary contact for the author throughout the process
This job description is not designed to cover all activities
required of the employee.