W.W. Norton is seeking an experienced and skilled contract
professional to join the Contracts Department as a Contract Manager.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President, Contracts Director.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Draft and negotiate a wide range of book and subsidiary rights contracts
- Advise on contractual issues
- Assist editorial staff with acquisitions
- Manage contract administration, including operations with Royalty
and Operations Departments
- Supervise the daily management of Contracts staff
- Provide training to new employees on contracting practices and procedures
- Develop and implement procedures for contract administration in
compliance with company policy
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.