W. W. Norton & Company is seeking an Accessibility Program
Manager join its fully remote Digital Products group. Independent
since 1923, employee-owned, and proud to publish "books that
live," Norton is dedicated to building inclusive learning
experiences for higher education and high school. The Accessibility
Program Manager will work across the organization to drive
accessibility as a core value, help teams improve their process around
accessibility, and refine our accessibility strategy based on direct
feedback from customers. This position will report to the Director of
Accessibility & Standards.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Define and validate program goals and impact.
- Champion accessibility principles and gain alignment on priorities
and opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with designers, developers, and testers to ensure our
educational products are accessible.
- Function as an authority on accessibility, staying ahead of trends
in disability advocacy, universal and inclusive design, and web standards.
- Lead a variety of trainings on accessibility for internal staff
and external partners.
- Own and maintain internal and public-facing documentation about accessibility.
- Help define accessibility standards for both internal and
- Advise editorial, product, sales, and marketing about messaging
- Support adopters of Norton’s products as the primary point of
escalation for accessibility concerns.
- Identify and cultivate a team of accessibility advocates within
other groups across the company.
Please note- this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee