W.W. Norton is seeking an assistant for its small, friendly and busy
Subsidiary Rights department. This person will work closely with the
Executive Director, Global Rights and Associate Director of Subsidiary
Rights on a range of books. This is an entry-level position.
Domestic & Foreign Rights Job Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with audiobook publishers, authors, agents,
international subagents, and international publishers to coordinate
support and approvals.
- Process contracts for international and domestic licensees.
- Track advances and fees.
- Answer rights queries (includes managing the department’s general
- Generate monthly overdue/pending reports.
- Take minutes at editorial meeting (assistants rotate).
- Manage department database.
- Handle production requests for domestic and foreign licensees (ie:
cover, text and image files & providing permission information)
& invoice appropriate fees.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all
activities required of the employee.